Wright & Morten Farm Team can offer your livestock business the full spectrum of veterinary services. We provide a strong team of dedicated and experienced farm vets, who are committed to the future of livestock farming and farm veterinary practice. Wright & Morten strive to offer the highest quality of care and advice from well-trained, enthusiastic staff who all keep up to date with the latest developments in modern veterinary practice. Our aim is always to provide our clients with the best possible service and value for money. We are happy to undertake work on a referral or consultancy basis.
Expertise within the farm practice is wide-ranging and comprehensive. Helen Worth holds a Diploma in Bovine Reproduction qualification, (Masters Degree level) and is a Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Advanced Practitioner in Bovine Reproduction. Hollie Dale is also an Advanced Practitioner in Cattle Health and Production and holds a Certificate in Advanced Veterinary Practice (Cattle). We have a diverse client base, with all farm species catered for; whether pedigree or commercial, organic or conventional herds or flocks, as well as a growing number of smallholders and pet farm animals. Other team members are working towards further certification.
A selection of our services
- Rapid response 24-hour cover by our team of dedicated farm vets
- A wealth of expertise; our ethos is to encourage vets to follow their interests to attain specialist qualifications
- Full investigatory service for all production diseases
- Female reproductive management and Bull Breeding Soundness Examinations
- Infectious disease control and monitoring service
- Nutritional troubleshooting and advice on feeding for health and fertility
- Effective youngstock management, including parasite control programmes
- Specialist veterinary management of extensively grazed, (New Zealand system), dairy herds. We are currently providing veterinary services to almost 10,000 head of cattle managed in this system and therefore have considerable understanding of and experience in their veterinary needs
- Whole farm” approach to problem solving by encouraging co-operation between vets, nutritionalists and other consultants
- Extensive client training programme with attendance certificates provided
- Regular trips to industry events such as the Dairy Event, Beef Expo, NSA Sheep
- Vets trained in regional health planning programmes, giving our clients access to available grant funding for farm improvements
- Free monthly newsletter, and free monthly summary “Milkcheq” benchmarking reports for all milk recording clients
- Free telephone advice; direct access to vets’ mobile numbers
- Competitive prices
- We have a team of two Veterinary Technicians, one of whom provides a foot trimming service. Other services offered by our technicians include mobility scoring, condition scoring, sample collection and managing vaccination program compliance.